Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cost of Technology

With the cost of technology being so high and my school budget being cut, I am in the process of writing a grant. The grant is for Playaway audio books. Playaways are the new form of technology for audio books that look like an IPOD. It is a LSTA mini-grant, that is due Oct 29. I feel over whelmed with class work and the grant. The Playaways are neat and I think students will like them because they are like IPODS. The purpose though for getting them is to help struggling students with reading. Hopefully this will give them confidence when reading. They can following along with the book and when they come across a work they are unsure about, the Playaway will help them. I was lucky that Follett Library Resources had most of my titles that are on our school Reading and English list that match up with our school curriculum. I also like Follett because they have a resource that matches up books with the Ohio Academic Standards. When looking for school media sources this is very important.

I also am writing a grant for 20 new computers, that grant is taking a little longer. I am coming up with a colaboration project with a history teacher and trying to get the grant that way. The computers are much needed in my media center for researching, writing papers, and Powerpoint projects.

No comments: