Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Professor At the Urban Community College

To be honest with you I have different views about the professor that was putting information about the Holocaust never happening on his instructional college Web site. As a college or University you have to take that material off the site to keep your creditability. However, as a professor I think you should be able to write about what ever you want, as long as you have done research to back up your theory. In this case though I don't know where he would get the material to back his case because it did happen and it was a terrible thing. I do think though that the professor should have his own site to offer this material, not using the college site for his personnel beliefs. College or university Web sites should only be used for instructional or college materials. I think the college should have an acceptable use policy and have consequences if someone breaks the policy. I also think you should have a group consisting of administrators, webmaster, staff, and students to determine the outcome of the broken policy. They also could revise the acceptable use policy as time changes.

I think everybody has a right to their own opinion, but when your talking about creditability of an university it is a different story.

No comments: